From Kyoto, business persons who can assume leadership roles in the world.
Business administration involves practical study that will lead to solving problems facing companies. There are various theories available for analysis and practice, including how to use funds, how to build up organizations, how to capture market needs and how to develop management plans. As for “Leadership Theory,” I offer one method. We think about how leaders should manage in corporate operations, mainly toward human relationships and job performance, etc. Actual problems vary and require ideas that conform to each field, in the Department of Business Administration, there are many forums where students can conduct trials and errors through practices at “Kyogakudo, etc.” Please take up the challenge while enjoying how much you can improve your career by acquiring the advantages for four years.
Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Associate Professor, Shogo Miyata
Features of Department
- Acquire knowledge of business administration while experiencing the appeal of business.
- Become a business leader, establish a company and succeed to the company of parent
- Become an expert in accounting and also create a path as a tax accountant and certified public accountant professional
- Build a sports business and also create a path as professional team staff and shop staff
How to study in the Department of Business Administration
After studying the concepts of business administration, students will select according to the purpose of their courses from three courses in which students can learn systematically professional knowledge of management and knowhow. Extensive learning experience opportunities are provided and for example, students can improve practical ability in management through challenge shops in which “shop management” is operated by students from product development to sales and “business planning contests” in which students develop business plans. In all courses, students learn about the business of sports which continues to grow.
Management Strategy Course
To think of “winning” strategies
In this course, students develop abilities on how to manage organizations and utilize information which influences management and knowledge and thought processes required to practice, and thought processes of “winning” strategies, including marketing in order to capture the social needs.
Develop accounting experts
This is a course in which students learn knowledge and skills related to finance and management of organizations and acquire practical ability in accounting. Aim to be an accounting or tax accountant professional or certified public accountant.
Entrepreneur and Business Succession Course
Acquire corporate management knowhow
A person who desires to establish a venture business and succeed to a family business in the future can learn knowledge necessary for entrepreneurship and corporate management and develop the ability to crystallize business ideas.
Experience shop operations on Campus. – Challenge Shop Kyogakudo
Based on the ideas of a student which was chosen in a “business planning contest” held by the Faculty, this shop was born as a shop operated by students on Campus. It was opened on the Kyoto Uzumasa Campus as a shop handling confectioneries and sundries. Students learn practical knowhow necessary for management by actually assuming operations in shop management, including product development, purchase and sales.
We support women’s advancement in society –Kyoto Female Entrepreneur Club
In February 2014, “Kyoto Female Entrepreneur Club” started, aiming at promotion of exchanges among female entrepreneurs and female entrepreneurs and students. Under circumstances where advancement in society for women has grown in significance as one of the growth strategies of Japan, we aim to develop women who can act autonomously in the business field. By participating in the “Female Entrepreneur Seminar” as well, perspectives will be expanded.
“Female Entrepreneur Seminar”
A seminar is held, where inviting female entrepreneurs that assume leadership roles in the front lines of business as guest speakers, talk about problems surrounding their chosen field such as problems they have faced in the process of business establishment and corporate management. This is a “must attend program” both for female students who support a gender-free society and male students.
Serious contest competing business ideas –Business Planning Contest-
We hold a “Business Planning Contest” as a forum to present “business plans” which were planned by the free-minded ideas of students. Each year, many plans are submitted, which have originality unique to students and excellent plans are awarded prizes.
During the Contest 2014, the 12th Contest, six pairs of students who passed the primary examination delivered presentations before judges and audiences. Judges asked specific questions and made indications about the method of purchase and profit forecast, etc., after enthusiastic presentations, which was a precious opportunity for students.
Targeted Qualifications *National Qualification
- Tax Accountant*
- Financial Planning Skilled Worker (3rd Grade)
- Computer Accounting Ability Test (2nd Grade)
- Nissho Bookkeeping Test (2nd Grade)
- Sales Skilled Worker Test (2nd Grade)
- Real Estate Transaction Specialist*
- General Travel Agency Manager *
- Secretarial Skill Test (2nd Grade)
- STEP Test (1st Grade)
- TOEIC® (over 800)
- TOEFL® iBT (over 90)
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
Future Career Options after Graduation
- Finance and insurance business (banks, securities companies, insurance companies, etc.)
- Service business (hotels, travel agencies, railroad and professional sports, etc.)
- Information and communication business (IT business, telecommunications companies, broadcasting companies, mass media and advertisements, etc.)
- Wholesale and retail business (trading companies, department stores, sports goods, etc.)
- Manufacturing business (foods, pharmaceuticals, electric appliances, precision equipment and chemistry, etc.)
- Civil Servants (National civil servants, local civil servants, policemen and firefighters, etc.)
You can assume active leadership roles in various fields, including entrepreneurship and business successor.
To develop human resources as described in this department’s educational goals, we seek students who have a clear sense of purpose and passion, basic knowledge regarding curricula and subjects that they completed in high school, Japanese language proficiency through which they can convey their own ideas, a willingness to positively attempt to solve various problems, and attitude toward actively engaging in activities, and toward making efforts for mutual understanding by communicating effectively with others.
- Knowledge and skills
- We seek students who have understood this department’s educational goal, “Acquisition and practice of business administration.”
- Ability to think, to judge, and to express oneself
- We seek students who aim to acquire the ability to consider things based on versatile observations, as well as on their specialized knowledge of the field of business administration, and experiences in shop business management and relevant matters.
- Attitude toward learning independently and in cooperation with a wide variety of people
- We seek students who have a robust love of learning, and concern about modern corporate activities and store management, as well as financial affairs, accounting, and business succession of companies.