Updated: Saturday, May 19th, 2018
Kyoto Gakuen University has formulated three new policies by revising old ones.
- Formulated by the University on February 20, 2017
- Approved by the Board of Directors on March 25, 2017
- Announced on April 1, 2017
- Admission Policy revised on March 7, 2018
- Revision announced on March 9, 2018
- Reported to the Board of Directors on April 21, 2018
Three Policies of Kyoto Gakuen University
- Knowledge and understanding
- Students should have acquired a broad education and knowledge as well as a high level of expertise, and be able to accurately understand various phenomena occurring in modern society.
- Versatile skills
- Students should be able to objectively analyze social or natural phenomena based on a broad education and skills as well as specialized knowledge to deal with issues.
- Attitude and orientation
- Students should be able to act as an independent citizen while working in cooperation with others by appropriately communicating with them.
- Integrated learning experience and creative thinking
- Students should be able to use specialized knowledge, skills, and experience to think independently in a changing modern society from multiple perspectives and take action.
- Curriculum organization
- The education curriculum consists of university-wide common courses and specialized courses in faculties and departments. University-wide common courses are classified into two categories: general education and career education.
- The general education curriculum consists of business general education courses, citizens’ general education courses, and basic general education courses. Providing such a wide range of liberal arts programs, we help students develop their fundamental qualities and abilities necessary to be a member of society.
- The career education curriculum offers career education courses in which students can gain practical skills to be directly applied in work situations.
- Specialized courses are provided according to the specific characteristics of each faculty and department to help students develop their ability to act on their own initiative based on specialized knowledge acquired.
- Learning methods and processes
- During the four-year curriculum, we provide students with not only lectures on theories in general education and specialized courses in classrooms, but also opportunities, in combination with fine-tuned small-group education, hands-on education, and career education, to learn more practically and actively.
- University common general education courses assist students in gaining a broad education and an extended range of skills.
- University common career education courses help students develop communication skills, cooperativeness, and the ability to take action, which are required of working members of society.
- Specialized courses are designed to assist students in acquiring a high level of expertise to use proactively to solve problems.
The objectives of the University are to develop people who can think autonomously and act on a global scale. We seek students who are eager to learn, to improve their skills and to obtain knowledge necessary to live in the global society, understanding of the educational objectives of each faculty and department.
- Knowledge and skills
- We seek students who have acquired solid basic academic skills through study in high school, etc., and aim to acquire a broad education and high level of expertise.
- Ability to think, judge, and express oneself
- We seek students who can deepen their understanding of academic disciplines related to cultural, social, natural, or health phenomena with a multifaceted interest; pursue subjects of their interest; and exhibit their achievements to society.
- Attitude toward learning on one’s own initiative in cooperation with diverse people
- We seek students who are autonomous learners, motivated to explore issues on their own initiative, and are able to work with diverse people for the good of society as a whole.
Three Policies of Kyoto Gakuen University, Graduate School
Degrees will be granted to those who have acquired the expertise necessary for assuming active leadership roles as academic researchers in each research field and as advanced professionals.
Curriculums will be organized so that students can acquire exceptional knowledge and the ability to make practical use of it.
We seek students who have a strong will to contribute to society through the acquisition of advanced expertise in each research field and state-of-the-art knowledge and skills.